[CentOS] connection refused resolving - after 5.4 upgrade

Sun Nov 8 23:58:04 UTC 2009
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

Rob Kampen wrote:
> Hi all,
> prior to 5.4 upgrade, my two DNS servers would only get
> 'connection refused resolving .....'
> on rare infrequent occasions (once or twice a month)
> after upgrade to 5.4 I get 500+ per day.
> Google has suggestions for
> |logging
>   category lame-servers null; ;
> ;
>
> |however this strikes me as severe overkill as it will mask genuine
> problems.
> Anyone else noticed this?
> Suggestions as to why or what is causing?
> Thanks
> Rob

bumping my post as I am getting a growing number of errors - they seem
to occur each hour and from google and reading other posts this appears
to be due to my amavis / spamasassin seeing the log messages and
creating a loop.
The question I have is how do I locate the actual trigger - I prefer to
fix things at the cause, not mask somewhere down-stream.
The only item I can see is the log message coming from named in my
messages log.
Any ideas appreciated - TIA
Rob