[CentOS] Migrating to CentOS Directory Server

Tue Nov 10 05:05:10 UTC 2009
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Camron W. Fox <cwfox at us.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Alle,
>
>        We currently are using OpenLDAP for our authentication needs for
> CentOS, Redhat and Solaris clients. We are considering migrating to
> CentOS DS, however, two of our LDAP replicas are on Solaris 10 machines
> (different physical location, as well as network).
>        Is there a port of CentOS DS for Solaris 10? There's no point in us
> getting all wrapped up in migration testing if we can't field a server
> on the Solaris boxes.

There are build instructions for the 389 project (CentOS DS) on
Solaris. I have not built it myself, but there are forum posts from
folks who have. May be worthwhile to ask on the 389 project list.