[CentOS] software raid :: kernel update procedure

Wed Nov 11 11:50:10 UTC 2009
Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch>

Lucian @ lastdot.org wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Adrian Sevcenco
> <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch> wrote:
>> Hi! I have an software raid installation (md_dX type) and i am wondering
>> what is the procedure for kernel update... is the initrd auto-magicaly
>> rebuild?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Adrian
>>

> Yep, as long as you are using the stock kernels, you should be safe. I
> use linux raid a lot and haven't had a problem. Just yum update and
> you're ready to go (if you upgrade from/to minor version be sure to
> read the release notes and erratas).
Thanks! Yes i am using the stock kernels and i asked because i use an
modified mkinitrd (for raid md_dX type suport) and wanted to be sure
that initrd is rebuilt at kernel update time.

Thanks,
Adrian