[CentOS] Lost raid when server reboots

Wed Nov 11 14:33:15 UTC 2009
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

carlopmart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I have setup a raid1 between two iscsi disks

Why would you think to attempt this? iSCSI is slow enough as
it is, layering RAID on top of it would be even worse. Run RAID
on the remote iSCSI system and don't try to do RAID between
two networked iSCSI volumes, it will hurt performance even more.

>   Why md0 is not activated when I reboot this server? How can I do this
> persistent
> between reboots??

Probably because the iSCSI sessions are not established when the
software raid stuff kicks in. You must manually start the RAID
volume after the iSCSI sessions are established.

The exception would be if you were using a hardware iSCSI HBA
in which case the devices wouldn't show up as iSCSI volumes they
would show up as SCSI volumes and be available immediately upon
booting, as the HBA would handle session management.

nate