[CentOS] OMG! Microsoft patents sudo! Linux and MacOS dead!

Thu Nov 12 14:55:13 UTC 2009

> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 5:27 AM, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Is this for real?  Blogs.computerworld.com seems to be down/dead/broken
>>> database...
>>>
>> Try Groklaw:
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20091111094923390
>>
> Yes.  With respect to those luminaries at the U.S. Patent Office, this
> is just one more justification for my core observation on public servants:
> "The primary purpose of any government entity is to employ the
> unemployable".

As opposed to some people at some companies I've worked for?

No, who pushed software patents in the first place? Who PAID legislators
to write the laws to allow them, and who got people appointed who wanted
them?

I'll respond with the primary purpose of modern American business is to
empty your wallet, not to provide goods or services.

         mark