[CentOS] On-Boot Scripts

Fri Nov 13 20:15:16 UTC 2009
Victor Subervi <victorsubervi at gmail.com>

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> > On 11/13/2009 07:21 PM, Larry Brigman wrote:
> >> either write an init script to be added to /etc/rc.d/init.d or
> >> add it to the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local
> >
> > It looks, to me, that Victor is at a stage where he does not know what
> > he is doing with the basic stuff - pointing him at good docs might be
> > worth more than spoon-feeding.

I'm a bit rusty. It's been a couple of years since I've run my own server,
and I don't know this OS. And as we all know, each OS is different. I'm
trying to install scripts I wrote years ago to do my MySQL backups.

As for pointing me to the docs, I looked through them but couldn't make
heads or tails of them. Yes, I need to study them, but right now I just need
to get some basic things working so that I can make a little money and put
food on the table :)

I've loaded my scripts to /etc/rc.d/init.d Now how do I schedule my cron
jobs?
TIA,