[CentOS] On-Boot Scripts

Sat Nov 14 13:18:31 UTC 2009
Victor Subervi <victorsubervi at gmail.com>

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Scott Ehrlich <srehrlich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Tracy Phillips
> <tracphil.centos at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
> wrote:
> > it to the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local
> >>
> >> It looks, to me, that Victor is at a stage where he does not know what
> >> he is doing with the basic stuff - pointing him at good docs might be
> >> worth more than spoon-feeding.
> >>
> >> just my 2bits
> >
> > Sometimes, I even wonder why there is a list all. After all pretty
> > much everything is documented.
> >
> > To socialize with I guess....
> >
> > just my 2cents.
> >
> > TP
> >

> A great reason for a popular list like this is if a person doesn't
> know what they are looking for, or they do but their searches are not
> producing other options, the list can provide those other helpful
> resources.   I've done this, too.   I either ask about what I know and
> see what options people give that even searching wouldn't have
> normally revealed, or openly ask what I don't fully know about and
> that can also lead to good answers - even if google and other search
> engines provide answers.   Sometimes search engines just don't produce
> what someone is looking for - but people do, or can help.
>
> Finally, it can be helpful to have a human response from a list to
> validate the usefulness of something found - is it good/legit, or
> problematic (old, malicious, whatever).
>
> Just my experiences.   Human communication is still key (like this list).

Man, Scott, you've hit it on the head! Gotta be honest. My name isn't
"Victor Subervi". I've changed names on these lists so many times just to
escape all the *#*%)+_& people throw at me, and I'll be changing names again
after this post. What you all gonna do about it? Grow up! Treat people as
you would like to be treated. Bye!
Victor whateverMyNameIsLOL