[CentOS] Adaptec SCSI Card 2930LP supported by CentOS 5.x?

Mon Nov 16 17:08:50 UTC 2009
Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com>

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009, Tim Nelson wrote:

>I've never been able to get into the BIOS on it. It's almost like the card
>doesn't have one. When the system boots, there is not the usual 'addon
>card' operation where the card detects drives, displays it on the screen,
>then continues to POST. The system simply boots like the card isn't there.
>As long as you can boot from another device, the card is happily recognized
>and works flawlessly once an OS is running. I've looked into resetting the
>configuration on the card, etc... I just think in this case the card may be
>a lower end card used for secondary addon storage only without the option
>to boot...

Have you tried pressing ctrl-A when the Adaptec display appears
in the boot process?  It's been a while since I looked at the
Adaptec SCSI BIOS settings, but I know there's an setting to
suppress the ctrl-A prompt on booting.  I never changed it, but
always ass*u*me*d that turning this off would still allow one to
enter the BIOS settings without the prompt.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

Government is the great fiction, through which everbody endeavors to
live at the expense of everybody else.  -- Frederic Bastiat