[CentOS] Adaptec SCSI Card 2930LP supported by CentOS 5.x?

Tue Nov 17 11:39:45 UTC 2009
Frank Thommen <frank.thommen at embl-heidelberg.de>

Hi, this is the OP writing...

John R Pierce wrote:
> Rainer Duffner wrote:
>> Except that nowadays, some cheap desktop-motherboards may not know how
>> to enable booting from such a card.
>
> I seriously doubt a SCSI card with a 50 pin (max 10 or 20MB/sec?)
> external connector is going to be used as a boot device.   more likely,
> this is for some older tape class device like a DAT.

Almost right.  No booting from this card is required.  It's for the
connection to a X-ray data collection system.

> btw, the original poster should know, you can convert wide (68 pin) SCSI
> to narrow (50 pin) SCSI with a 'half-terminator' cable adapter, [...]

I've been told by the vendor of the said X-ray data collection system,
that 68pin connectors "never worked with Linux" for their device.

Cheers

    frank