[CentOS] Workaround for RH #502499?

Tue Nov 17 17:40:03 UTC 2009

On 17/11/09 17:31, Chris Boyd wrote:
>> I've seen vibration impact disk i/o on sata disks as well.
> There's another WD disk in the box on a different controller that does not suffer from the problem.

Are they identical ? swap them around in the chasis and see if that
makes any difference.

I had a 4 disk raid10 built on samsung fd2 1.5TiB disks, getting ~ 123
to 128MiB/sec. Moving them from the ich5 machine to a fanless Via Esther
( 1200Mhz ) based box took me upto 240MiB/sec and its the CPU here that
cant go faster. Same rig/kit/rack point/psu - just a diff mobo with all
the fans from around the mobo removed. Just the ones in the psu churn
enough air to keep the disk <= 36 Deg C.

- KB