[CentOS] simple NFSv4 setup

Thu Nov 19 18:52:12 UTC 2009
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 at 9:21am, Kwan Lowe wrote

> Not sure if this applies in your FS4 setup, but most of my NFS
> permissions errors have stemmed from user ID mismatches on the host
> server.  My NFS4 mounts are not using any true NFS4 features, however.

My problem isn't a permissions issue -- it's the fact that the mount on
the client is read-only.  And NFS4 doesn't rely on numerical UID/GID
matching anymore.  It uses the username string (via rpc.idmapd).  In any
case, both the usernames and UIDs/GIDs match on these two systems.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin