[CentOS] crontab problem

Sat Nov 21 14:28:45 UTC 2009
Jeff <jlar310 at gmail.com>

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Susan Day <suzieprogrammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi;
> I have the following in crontab -eu root:
> @daily /usr/local/bin/mysql-backup-
> daily.sh
> @weekly /usr/local/bin/mysql-backup-weekly.sh
> @monthly /usr/local/bin/mysql-backup-monthly.sh
>
> [root at 13gems globalsolutionsgroup.vi]# ls /usr/local/bin/mysql-*
> /usr/local/bin/mysql-daily.sh  /usr/local/bin/mysql-monthly.sh
> /usr/local/bin/mysql-weekly.sh
>
> These scripts worked on another server. The daily writes to:
> /usr/backup/database/mysql-backups/mysql-backup-dailys/
> However, a day later, nothing is there. Please advise.
> TIA,
> Suzie

What do you see in /var/log/cron? Is the cron daemon running? Is it
attempting to run the scripts?

Beyond that, it all depends on what tools are called from your backup
scripts. Are all the tools even installed on the new server? Are all
executable pathnames explicitly defined in the script? If not, then
maybe the cron environment is lacking some things in the PATH. You
also don't even say if the scripts work when run manually.

--
Jeff