[CentOS] 3Com 3c940 moel only giving me 100 mb throughput to network switch

Mon Nov 23 18:16:57 UTC 2009
Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen at iki.fi>

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As the subject states, I have a 3Com 3c940 Ethernet card to a 1 gb network
> switch. The switch detects it, but it only shows that it is giving me 100
> mb/sec throughput. That card is rated for 1 GB...is there a way to force
> it to try to use 1 GB/sec? System-config-network isn't helping me here.

Check using ethtool that it is really connected with 1GB. Anyway, lot of
stuff like harddisk affects speed of line.

You need enought fast harddisks (possibly with raid) to saturate full
1GB line .. on both ends..

--
Eero