[CentOS] CentOS 5 and DRPM

Wed Nov 25 14:11:09 UTC 2009

On 11/25/2009 12:00 PM, Janez Kosmrlj wrote:
> Has anybody successfully implemented DRPMs on centos 5.x?
> I searched the net and I found a few indications that it is possible,
> but there is very little info how to do it.

We are not doing this in CentOS itself, since it changes what is
delivered and audited / tested with the distro and the upstream systems.
It also changes the state of what you might refer to as 'supported' and
'secure' by third party vendors.

Ofcourse you are free to set this up for yourself and work out if any of
the fallouts are even applicable or you and if the change in risk and
its perception has any implications to your usecase.

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK        | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh