[CentOS] rndc start fails with "rndc: connect failed:connectionrefused"

Thu Nov 26 00:31:22 UTC 2009
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 04:19:48PM -0800, Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:

> I can see that point of view but that sure does not help the poor guy
> or gal trying to figure out a problem like I had. I have been chasing
> this one off and on for weeks (if not months).

	Hmm, perhaps...  But a quick perusal of "man rndc" would
	have shown that there is no "start" command and the phrasing
	"communicates with the nameserver over a TCP connection. would
	have been a clue that the nameserver needed to be running :)

							John

--
<sxem> trying to play sturgeon while it's under attack is apparently not fun.