[CentOS] Docx format ?

Fri Nov 27 08:22:11 UTC 2009
Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se>

Behalf
>Of mark
>Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:44 PM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Docx format ?
>
>>> Open Office 3 will do it.
>>> Yep, as well as .xlsx
>>
>> What about Powerpoint presentations, ie .pptx-files? Do they look
anywhere
>> near the original look when opened in MS Office?
>>
>No clue - haven't run into one of those yet.
>
>> I'm looking into setting up a public computer in our seminar room,
running
>> CentOS on an old door-stopper I had handy; a P3/500 with barely 500MB
RAM.

>Barely, he says. "Barely"....
>
>	mark, remembering the hot new ->30MB<- h/d his bosses gave him
>		in '89 as a holiday present

Actually, I had to swap the disks to a newer machine, the obsolete Dell I
had intended for this had a problem with the BIOS or something, so that
whenever it rebooted it went into some kind of standby and I had to first
turn it off completely and then turn it on again. So much for being
environmentally aware and friendly to the nature by reusing old hardware...
/8-}

Anyway, I'll continue to look into OOO and pptx.
--
/Sorin