[CentOS] Fedora 11 i386 Evolution address book --> CentOS 5.4 x86_64

Sat Nov 28 23:30:07 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On 11/28/09, David McGuffey <davidmcguffey at verizon.net> wrote:
> Finally moved my home desktop from Fedora to CentOS.  My spouse was
> unhappy with me upgrading from F9-->F10-->f11 etc and wanted something
> more stable.
>
> I built a second machine which is now running in parallel to the old F11
> desktop.  I moved my data (mail and files) from the F11 box to the
> CentOS 5.4 box.  I used tar to move everything. Mail and files
> transferred A-OK...but the Evolution address book did not.
>
> Any tips on getting the old /home/.../.evolution/addressbook which
> worked with the version of Evolution on the new machine with an older
> version of Evolution?
<snip>

If you have the Source RPMS for FC6, you can probably rebuild all the
Evolution packages you need to install Evolution, for CentOS 5.4.  A
year or two ago, I used a 32 bit FC6 package, without rebuilding, but
now I know that's frowned upon, so better to rebuild for CentOS.
CentOS 5.x (and the upstream equivalent) is based upon FC6, if my
memory is correct. The question is whether or not the address book for
the new machine will work with an older version of Evolution.