[CentOS] Repository for clean and safe installation of python2.6 (and other python-software)

Mon Nov 30 16:24:24 UTC 2009
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Bernhard Gschaider
<bgschaid_lists at ice-sf.at> wrote:

> a) clean: in other words it should be a RPM
> b) safe: it should not remove the system-python (in order not to break
>   the system-scripts in subtle ways) but be accessible for
>   instance as python2.6 (while python would still be python2.4)

> Before I start rolling my own RPMs: is anyone aware of a repository
> that has such packages? (an added bonus would be if it had RPMs of
> PyQt4, I didn't find those for Centos or RHEL, too)

http://iuscommunity.org/

I've heard good things about this repo, but as with everything else,
use at your own risk. If it eats your dog and runs off with your
girlfriend, I am not responsible.

George Orwell