[CentOS] Change system-wide default configuration for FF and OO with /etc/skel

Mon Nov 30 19:30:52 UTC 2009
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> Robert Heller a écrit :
>

> > There is a file named 'prefs.js' in the
> > ~/.mozilla/firefox/<mumble>.default/ directory.
>
> Now this creates another problem. I manually tested this, and it works
> ok. But when I try to work with /etc/skel, I have some unexpected
> behaviour.
>
> Say I put prefs.js in /etc/skel/.mozilla/firefox/yahonga.default
>
> When I create my user, his ~/.mozilla now has two prefs.js files.
>
> 1) in /etc/skel/.mozilla/firefox/yahonga.default
>
> 2) in /etc/skel/.mozilla/firefox/yatahongaga.default
>
> Now where does this catwalksonthekeyboard.default directory come from?
> What is it possibly good for? And, more interestingly, how can I put my
> user preferences under /etc/skel/.mozilla so Firefox actually finds them
> without me having to jump through burning loops first?

I don't really know. You might not be able to use /etc/skel and instead
patch /usr/lib/firefox-<mumble>/defaults/profile/prefs.js instead as
part of the post-install/update of firefox.