[CentOS] Microphone not working with Skype (Was: Testing and using a microphone)

Niki Kovacs

contact at kikinovak.net
Sat Oct 3 19:36:13 UTC 2009

lostson a écrit :
> On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 13:36 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:

>  this guy put together a short and sweet tut on how to do this from a
> terminal, I know it works because i tried it here as well.
>

> http://jordilin.wordpress.com/2006/07/28/howto-recording-audio-from-the-command-line/

A somewhat late thank you for this useful link. Now my microphone is
working nicely with CentOS, and I can even record sound with Audacity.

One trouble, though. I can't seem to get the microphone to work with
Skype. Since there seem to be no more RPMS for RHEL, I downloaded and
installed the static version. I can hear the sound of the test voice,
but I can't record a message on the audio test interface.

Any clues about that?

Niki