[CentOS] GnuPG for CentOS 5.3?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sun Oct 4 14:04:52 UTC 2009

On 10/04/2009 08:50 AM, lostson wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-10-04 at 08:24 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> On 10/03/2009 10:08 PM, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> http://projects.gnome.org/seahorse/
>>> Looking for an RPM for Seahorse 2.24.0 for CentOS 5.3 (i386 arch) but
>>> not finding it. Is there an SRPM I can rebuild? Where?  TIA!
>>
>> Seahorse is Gnome app, and the latest version requires gtk-2.16.x ...
>> CentOS-5.x contains gtk2-2.10.x so I would imagine the latest seahorse
>> will not work with CentOS.
>>
>> Karanbir does have a version compiled (seahorse-1.0.1-9) for centos-5 here:
>>
>> http://centos.karan.org/el5/extras/testing/SRPMS/
>
>  I just rebuilt this rpm on my CentOS 5 box and it rebuilt just fine,
> Installed and seems to be working fine as well, as far as the security
> implications i could not attest to, but it is installed and working well
> here.

That version does build OK on my c5 as well.

>> I am not sure if that is the latest version that will work with CentOS-5
>> or if there are any security issues with that version.
>>
>> Here is where you can find all the seahorse sources, so you can find the
>> highest version that will compile on gtk-2.10.x and use Karanbir's SRPM
>> as a template if a newer version is available that will work.

Looking at the sources and reading the INSTALL requirements from the
tarballs, it would seem that the last version which would build where
CentOS-5 meets all the build requires without a core package upgrade
would be "seahorse-2.20.3".  Any version higher than that has a
requirement for a newer version of gnome-keyring than comes with CentOS-5.x.

There is a requirement for gpgme > 1.x which is not in CentOS but can be
obtained from Dag's RPMForge (has version 1.1.8).

I did not build this, but it should build according to the INSTALL docs.