[CentOS] resolv.conf rewritten every reboot. How to figure out who and why?

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Fri Oct 9 01:54:22 UTC 2009

>Just one of those things you kind of pick up as you go along and
>remember.  Tribal knowledge if you will.

There's two pdf's and one command I use "often" :)

The redhat 5.3 deployment and installation pdf's (or the online versions)

# find /usr/share/doc/ -exec grep "PEERDNS" '{}' \; -print
      file if PEERDNS is not set to "no".
    honor PEERDNS=no for pump and dhcpcd too (#18619)
    DEFROUTE defaults on; PEERDNS documented and defaults on

Now you know what doc to read...

But that's generally a slow and last ditch effort even after google:)
It also never helped with this string but its useful to know.