[CentOS] xen guest system - install source - NOT

Tait Clarridge tait at clarridge.ca
Fri Oct 9 14:33:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 07:11 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 09:45 -0400, Tait Clarridge wrote:
> > >

> > >                     +---------------+ Error +----------------+
> > >
> > >                     |                                        |

> > >                     | Unable to retrieve                     |
> > >
> > >                     | http://ftp.funet.fi//pub/mirrors/cent  |
> > >
> > >                     | os.org/5.3/os/i386/images/stage2.img.  |
> > >
> > >                     |                                        |

> > >                     |                +----+                  |
> > >
> > >                     |                | OK |                  |
> > >
> > >                     |                +----+                  |
> > >
> > >                     |                                        |

> > >                     |                                        |

> > >                     +----------------------------------------+
> > >

> > > Strange, because I can download that image both with wget (from a http
> > > mirror) and with ftp (from a ftp mirror). Should I try downloading the
> > > whole i386 directory, and publish it locally with Apache, or something
> > > like that?
> > >
> > > - Jussi
> >
> > Well, it is putting an extra slash in front of the server address.. I
> > remember this being a pain when trying to set a mirror to install up.
> >

> > Try the following:
> >
> > Web site name:  ftp.funet.fi
> > CentOS directory: pub/mirrors/centos.org/5.3/os/i386/
> >

> > Make sure you DO NOT add a slash infront of "pub" in the CentOS
> > directory line.
> >
> > This tends to work for me, how are you kicking off the xen guest
> > install? Grabbed the xen kernel and ramdisk from a mirror?
> ----
> two // doesn't matter in the least.
>
> I can easily retrieve this url...
>
> wget \
> http://ftp.funet.fi//pub/mirrors/centos.org/5.3/os/i386/images/stage2.img
>
> If you look at the URL's generated by yum repos, they often have 2
> slashes.
>
> Craig

Alright, just relaying my findings when I was having problems here. I
ended up having to mount the CD images on a blank ext3 partition and
putting that in the domU config file.

Thanks for clearing up the two slashes, I have noticed them working
before but didn't know if the CentOS installer was getting confused with
them or not.

Could this be a network issue?

OP: Is your domU config'd for networking properly?