[CentOS] Resolv.conf with multiple adaptors on multiple networks

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Oct 9 17:04:07 UTC 2009

ML wrote:
> Hi All,
> I did a clean install of CentOS 5.3 yesterday. During setup I
> activated both adapters on startup. etho is my public IP and eth1 is
> my private/internal IP.
> It did not let me specify nameservers though.
> So I know this is resolv.conf.
> I know I put in:
> nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> But how do I put in nameservers for specific networks? Example, I want
> my public IP to resolve to the comcast name-servers top get out to
> things like Google. I want internal to default to my internal DNS once
> I have it setup.

Just have everything query your internal DNS.  It can respond directly
for your local domains and then either query the root nameservers or the
Comcast nameservers for everything else.