[CentOS] current howto for DSL?

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:12:11 UTC 2009

> A lot changes in 7 years....
>
> Anyway, so I just fire up adsl-setup, and it should walk me through; then
> run adsl-start? At that point, should I be able to browse to Verizon's
> setup your account website?

If the ADSL modem provides an Ethernet jack w/ DHCP then it's usually
even simpler then that. Just plug your computer in, fire up the DHCP
client and away you go. Both our local ISPs, Telus (ADSL) and Shaw
(Cable), use that sort of setup and I've never had to touch the
defaulting networking config, other then the firewall, on a linux box.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie