[CentOS] question on 5.4

Ron Loftin reloftin at twcny.rr.com
Fri Oct 9 17:16:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 11:45 -0400, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> > Does 5.4 come with an updated openoffice.
> > 5.3 comes with version 2.3 was wondering if 5.4 will have 3.1
>
> Nope. 5.4 won't have openoffice 3.1

That's not a big surprise, just keeping within the stated policies of
CentOS.

However, I will point out that for those who want OOO 3.1, all they have
to do is skip installing the old version that comes with CentOS, and
install the RPMs that can be downloaded straight from openoffice.org.
The ones for RHEL 5 work very well, and integrate with the Gnome desktop
automagically.

Ron Loftin                      reloftin at twcny.rr.com

"God, root, what is difference ?"       Piter from UserFriendly