[CentOS] 10 Year old IT Infrastructure

R-Elists lists07 at abbacomm.net
Mon Oct 12 03:26:47 UTC 2009

> Specific arguments I can think of would be:
> - Hard/Impossible to find replacement hardware
> - Lack of support for both H/W and S/W
> - Possibly unable to run current versions of CentOS
> - Higher probability of hardware failures over time
> - Performance bottlenecks
>
> Any other thoughts?
>
> Shawn
>
> __

Shawn,

i dont think you mentioned the specific hardware involved...

i.e. brand and model number and config

it makes a difference in how we would approach it...

mainly because we have some 10 year old and older hardware that has been
running rock solid it's entire life and we expect several more years out of
some of it...

we keep hot and cold spares of everything though...

to be semi generic, i am talking about business / industrial rackmount
Compaq & HP servers, and some telco quality Cisco of course...

:-)

please do share...

 - rh