[CentOS] Inquiry:Problem installing application on Cent OS

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Oct 12 16:22:44 UTC 2009

hadi motamedi wrote:
> Thank you for your help . Please find attached my "menu.lst" . Can you
> please do me favor and let me know how I have to modify it?
> Thank you in advance

the NOTICE in the comments in the top of the menu.1st file is quite
appropriate.

# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda3
#          initrd /initrd-version.img

hence, in fact, what I said earlier.  take the /boot  OFF the /boot/vmx,
so it just reads /vmx