[CentOS] CentOS 5.4? anyone? - "debate"

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:12:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gabriel - IP Guys wrote:
>> >
>> When someone asked “When will **CentOS 5.4 come out??** The answer is,
>> “When it is good and ready”, and when they ask “Why/What does that
>> mean?”,  ask them to Google “*open source distribution release cycle*”.
>> That should keep them busy for long enough for me/you to actually get
>> some work done J
>
> I think for a lot of us, the 'we'll release when it's ready' mentality
> is the main reason we aren't using debian.  I don't think CentOS should
> repeat their mistakes.

Except this is not what the developers of CentOS are saying. They are
saying 2-4 weeks after the Red Hat point release, and that the four
weeks may slip to six weeks. For the sake of argument, just assume
eight weeks out (on the outside) and don't worry about it. Nothing
like armchair generals trying to tell those in the trenches how they
*should* do their job.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3