[CentOS] CentOS 5.4? anyone?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:38:28 UTC 2009

R P Herrold wrote:

>>> and 'best-efforts' is a SLA concept -- if an SLA is needed,
>>> you already know the answer
>
>> It's also the sort of thing people in a community try to do
>> for each other without needing legal terms for enforcement.
>
> You raise a new argument, an orthogonal strawman, as is your
> wont, switching to 'try to do' -- I'll close the old one
> first.

No, I've only had one all along, although perhaps it was misunderstood.
  That is, that there are many people using CentOS in roles where being
able to plan ahead is helpful.  All of them almost certainly have real
world experience and know that plans don't always work out, but having
some idea of what to expect is better than none.

> 'best efforts' is certainly not something compatible for
> third-parties to demand in the context of a 'social voluntary'
> effort using non-paid staffing and absent privity.  'best
> efforts' may in fact be freely given, but to foster or further
> an 'expectation mentality' is to deny reality and to set up
> false expectations.

No one questions your effort on the technical side - or has a right to.
  Why is it so hard to share what is going on?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com