[CentOS] the ongoing wait for centos 5.4

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Oct 19 05:50:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Oct 2009, Miguel Medalha wrote:
>
> > I am burning the DVD ISO image to disk right now. It is available
> > from some mirrors.
>
>   i've checked a couple dozen random mirrors, and have yet to find
> it. i'm almost tempted to ask, "any idea on when 5.4 will be
> available?", but i just *know* that would get me in trouble.

  i'm going to echo an earlier sentiment and say that, as much as i
grouse about this release confusion and frustration, i appreciate the
efforts of the centos folks and maybe i should stop grousing and
volunteer to help out.

  just FYI, my impatience at getting my hands on 5.4 is based on the
fact that i'm scheduled to teach a small class next month on RHEL, and
the students are indifferent as to whether it's actual RHEL or centos,
and they're also good with it being 5.3 or 5.4, so i was hoping to get
centos 5.4 ASAP and play with it just to make sure i'm comfortable
with the changes.

  if i teach off of 5.3, it's not a big deal, but 5.4 would just be a
bit more fun.

rday