[CentOS] gpg command works fine from login shell, not from cron script

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Mon Oct 19 21:03:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009, Sean Carolan wrote:
>> Typically this type of problem is caused by environment variables
>> that are set in a login shell, but are missing or different than
>> those set for jobs running under cron.
>
>You nailed it, Bill.  Running the cron from root's personal crontab
>worked fine.  Must have been environment variable related.

This is probably in a FAQ somewhere as it bites many.

I first ran into this problem at least 25 years ago running Xenix
on Radio Shack Model 16s while doing cron updates of FilePro
stuff which barfed without a TERM environment variable set even
though notthing was using it.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

No matter how much I may exaggerate it, it must have a certain amount of
truth...Now rumor travels fast but it don't stay put as long as truth
    Will Rogers