[CentOS] centos5.4 and freenx - using my home dir and settings

Ryan Pugatch

rpug at tripadvisor.com
Tue Oct 20 16:47:27 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I am setting up freenx on a machine and I am able to connect to it
remotely.  However, when I connect and start xfce it does not appear to
use the correct settings.   It acts like it is a whole different user.
It is starting the desktop environment as the nx user rather than
myself.  Is there any way to have the NX server connect as myself rather
than having a whole separate virtual environment?  I know you can't
connect to an existing X session that wasn't started with FreeNX, but I
want to be able to start a session using my settings and have access to
my home dir, etc.

Thanks,

Ryan