[CentOS] Rescan for new geometry without reboot?

Amos Shapira

amos.shapira at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 03:28:36 UTC 2009

Hello,

We just had our servers fitted with more disks. Most of the disks are
growing existing RAID 1+0 channels, some are in new channels.
Controllers and disks support live installation.

I'd like to avoid a reboot just to let the system find that the disks
are larger.

All I can find so far suggests that its possible to rescan the disks,
and even find the new geometry (e.g.