[CentOS] IPSec VPN Under CentOS 5.4

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Oct 22 17:41:36 UTC 2009

>the best way is to use ssl-vpn rather than ipsec, via OpenVPN.  Its a
>breeze to install and configure compared to most any other VPN, quite
>easy for the server to push routing rules to the clients, etc.

I'll second the OpenVPN reco, I just migrated off a Cisco PIX to this
and it is the most configurable, and stable thing I have seen in ages.
I have connections from both Linux and Windows machines that sustain for
several days without a single hiccup whereas the PIX would often suffer
from non recoverable transient errors that tanked the connection.

jlc