[CentOS] Firefox keeps crashing after 5.4 upgrade

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Oct 23 11:23:07 UTC 2009

Christoph Maser wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 22.10.2009, 22:35 +0200 schrieb Alan McKay:
>> I've almost never had crashes before this, and it has been 3 or 4 so
>> far today after my upgrade.   Could it be one of my plugins I suppose?
>
> Plugins often are a source of firefox crashes, try to run it without any
> additional plugins and see if it makes a difference.

I'll wager it's nspluginviewer.bin. There was a fix - I mentioned here
reporting the bug, and them supposedly fixing it, but it's apparently still a
problem. I have *never* had firefox crash like, well, a M$ product, the way
it's done for a month.

	mark
--
"Love doesn't conquer everything, any more than love cleans the toilet" -
Garrison Kielor, Prairie Home Companion, 6/8/09