[CentOS] [SOLVED] CentOS-5.4 Update?

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Fri Oct 23 12:48:18 UTC 2009

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> but out of curiosity, did you just do a
>> simple yum update or did you follow the procedure in the release notes
>> document?
>
> Where is this document?
>
> Incidentally, I did a simple yum update and it seemed to work fine.

On the centos.org homepage there are two links to release announcements.
The "Distro Release Announcement" link says all you need to do is run
"yum update".  The "Release Notes: CentOS" link recommends updating
glibc, yum, rpm, and python first.  I did need to run "yum update yum"
before the full update would succeed.

                 Do NOT delete it.