[CentOS] Switch to measure traffic at IP level?

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Fri Oct 23 14:44:37 UTC 2009

Hello all:

Is there a network switch that will give me traffic
stats at an IP address level?

Right now, I only get statstics at a port level, but
that does not help since each of my servers run several
virtual machines and I need to measure traffic
per virtual machine.

Will your e-commerce site go offline if you have
a DB server failure, fiber cut, flood, fire, or other disaster?
If so, ask about our geographically redundant database system.