[CentOS] firefox on 5.4

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Fri Oct 23 19:01:20 UTC 2009

Quoting John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>:

> I just installed 5.3 about a week ago, fairly minimal install, x86_64
> platform...  then upgraded to 5.4 this AM, and just installed firefox
>     $ sudo yum -y install firefox
>     Installed:
>       firefox.i386 0:3.0.12-1.el5.centos   firefox.x86_64
> 0:3.0.12-1.el5.centos
>     $ firefox
>     Could not find compatible GRE between version and
> huh?

When addiction becomes commonplace in a society, people become
addicted not only to alcohol and drugs, but to a thousand other
destructive pursuits: money, power, dysfunctional relationships, or
video games. A social perspective on addiction does not deny
individual differences in vulnerability to addiction, but it removes
them from the foreground of attention, because social determinants are
more powerful.