[CentOS] mismatch_cnt after 5.3 -> 5.4 upgrade

Ron Loftin reloftin at twcny.rr.com
Sun Oct 25 18:52:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 12:33 -0600, Devin Reade wrote:
> Saturday I did an upgrade from 5.3 (original install) to 5.4.  Saturday
> night, /etc/cron.weekly reported the following:
>
>        /etc/cron.weekly/99-raid-check:
>
>        WARNING: mismatch_cnt is not 0 on /dev/md0

I had this happen on a box that I upgraded Friday.  I went ahead and
tested each partition in the affected mirror with badblocks ( found no
errors ) and after multiple resyncs, there was no change.  After similar
experiences with Google, I did run across a note saying that this went
away after a reboot.  I broke down and applied the Micro$lop solution
( reboot ) and the error has gone away.

Like you, I'm interested in a better understanding of this issue, so if
anyone else has more info, I'm all ears. ;>

Ron Loftin                      reloftin at twcny.rr.com

"God, root, what is difference ?"       Piter from UserFriendly