[CentOS] CentOS DS Transition Issue

Camron W. Fox cwfox at us.fujitsu.com
Mon Oct 26 04:43:13 UTC 2009

	We are looking to transition from OpenLDAP to CentOS DS. We currently
using OpenLDAP V2.3.43-3 with both RHEL 5.4 and Solaris10 clients
	We restrict user login access to the RHEL and Solaris machines using
netgroups. After configuring the CentOS DS, we noticed that while the
RHEL restrictions using the /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac and
/etc/security/access.conf configurations worked correctly, the Solaris
clients using + at netgroup in /etc/passwd, passwd_compat in
/etc/nsswitch.conf and the appropriate /etc/pam.conf configs do not
respect the restrictions. The client configurations have not changed,
only the LDAP server.
	I know this is a long shot, but has anyone else come across this issue?

Best Regards,

Camron W. Fox
Hilo Office
High Performance Computing Group
Fujitsu Management Services of America, Inc.
E-mail:		cwfox at us.fujitsu.com