[CentOS] Scripting help please....

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Wed Oct 28 18:24:15 UTC 2009

I wonder if you can do this in two steps:
1. Parse out the unique values from the thrid column into
    a file.
2. Run the processor on the script to print where the
    third column matches one of the values identified.
I dont know how to do this in a script.
I would write a simple Java program to do it.

Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://www.JAMMConsulting.com
CentOS 5.4 KVM VPS $55/mo, no setup fee, no contract, dedicated 64bit CPU
1GB dedicated RAM, 40GB RAID storage, 500GB/mo premium BW, Zero downtime

From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Truejack
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 12:10 PM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS] Scripting help please....

Need a scripting help to sort out a list and list all the duplicate lines.

My data looks somethings like this

I need to sort this list and print all the lines where column 3 has a
duplicate entry.

I need to print the whole line, if a duplicate entry exists in column 3.

I tried using a combination of "sort" and "uniq" but was not successful.