[CentOS] Infrastructure HELP!

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Thu Oct 29 20:07:22 UTC 2009

> If I can find a cheap enough RAID Card that wil fit the Mac Pro, I
> would do hardware RAID, but Apple wants $699 for theirs...

$699 is pretty steep, but RAID cards are not cheap.
They are worth it for performance though.

If you don't need absolute performance, software RAID will

Give with multiple smaller drives instead of two larger

Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://www.JAMMConsulting.com
CentOS 5.4 KVM VPS $55/mo, no setup fee, no contract, dedicated 64bit CPU
1GB dedicated RAM, 40GB RAID storage, 500GB/mo premium BW, Zero downtime