[CentOS] No entry in /var/log/boot.log

Rod Rook

rod.rook at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 13:10:06 UTC 2009

I installed CentOS 5.3 on Oct 27, 2009 and immediately updated it to 5.4.

I had not paid attention to this boot log until yesterday when I decided to
take a look to do some trouble shooting.

Oct 27 13:16:24 localhost NET[3797]: /sbin/dhclient-script : updated
>> /etc/resolv.conf
>
> Oct 27 13:16:29 localhost NET[4059]:
>> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-post : updated /etc/resolv.conf

This entry was probably made right after the fresh installation.

I've done searches on the Internet for answers for this problem and the only
thing I've found is that I am not the only one with this problem.
But no body has offered any definite solution for it. I even posted the same
question in the CentOS forum and haven't got any reply.

>From what I have read, this problem may be caused by a bug or bugs in CentOS
5.x, but I hope it is not because I am in the process of
switching from Fedora 10 to CentOS 5.4 and I don't want to get disappointed.
Trivial as this may be, this does not give me confidence in
CentOS distribution.

Can anyone come up with a solution?