[CentOS] problem installing centos 5.3 on IBM x3200 m2

Mon Oct 5 11:43:55 UTC 2009
Janez Kosmrlj <postnalista at googlemail.com>

Hi,
I am trying to install centos 5.3 on ibm x3200 m2 server. The problem
appears when the installer is about to finish the installation. It detects
the RAID correctly, but it doesn't finish formatting the root partition. I
tried the default partition layout and also a custom one, but it always ends
with the same message:
An error occurred trying to format /. this problem is serious and the
install cannot continue.

I also checked the error console (ctrl+alt+F4) and it writes:
<3> sd 0:1:10:0: rejecting I/O to offline device

lspci says that the machin has an:
LSI Logic SAS1064ET PCI-Express SCSI controller
Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5722 Ethernet

Has anybody an idea, how to fix this?

BR