[CentOS] More about firewalling

Mon Oct 5 21:45:12 UTC 2009
ML <mailinglists at MailNewsRSS.com>

Hi All,

So before when I used PIX's for my employer, our traffic was
statically routed to one IP and then the firewall decided if allowed/
denied and passed it on or dropped it.

I have a Comcast business circuit with 13 IP's. The gateway device
they provide is a 'pass through' device. They sent traffic for all 13
IP's my way. It just allows traffic through. So if I put in a device
to firewall (like Ipcop or Vyatta or something) in front, say it has 3
NICS, how do I do that?

If the Firewall has IP A and Traffic for IP B comes in how would IP A
answer and decide if the traffic to IP B belonged?  Without statically
routing I am confused on how to accomplish this?

How fast does this device need to be?

Best,
-Jason