[CentOS] Recommendation for PCI-e SATA RAID 5 card?

Wed Oct 21 20:26:37 UTC 2009
Neil Aggarwal <neil at JAMMConsulting.com>

Hello:

I am looking for a recommendation for a PCI-e
RAID card for my server.  The server has a
PCI-e x16 low profile slot so the card has
to be at most 6.6 inches long x 2.536 inches
high.  I would like to use RAID 5 with 3 drives
so I have to have those capabilities.

It has to be CentOS 5.4 compatible (Of course!).

I took a look at the offerings from 3Ware, but
their cards are too long.

If you have a card you are happy with, I would
appreciate a recommendation.

Thanks,
	Neil

Will your e-commerce site go offline if you have
a DB server failure, fiber cut, flood, fire, or other disaster?
If so, ask about our geographically redundant database system.