[CentOS] Default ACL question (EXECUTE BIT)

Fri Oct 30 01:35:26 UTC 2009
Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas at gmail.com>

Hello everyone,

I'm doing some tests with ACL's and even though I can create a "default" ACL
for a directory (that includes "rwx" for the default owner), when I finally
create a file wihin that directory the execute bit is chopped off:

[joe at machine ~]$ mkdir mydir
[joe at machine ~]$ setfacl -d -m u::rwx,g::-,o::- mydir/

[joe at machine ~]$ cd mydir
[joe at machine mydir]$ touch testFile.txt
[joe at machine mydir]$ ls -l testFile.txt

-rw------- 1 joe joe 0 Oct 29 21:14 testFile.txt

I don't think umask is involved here.  As far as I know umask isn't  involved
when dealing with default ACL's.  Anyhow, I'm pretty sure this is by design
(security-wise). Is there any way to override this behaviour?

Thanks,
Jorge