[CentOS] Build a Firewall (Can I learn to do this...)

Thu Oct 1 21:04:59 UTC 2009
Alan Sparks <asparks at doublesparks.net>

Not that it's incredibly difficult to do by hand, but it is a complex
undertaking fraught with some risk in doing it wrong.  I believe you'd
be much better served looking at some of the firewall applications out
there, such as IPCop or Smoothwall.  Another one to look at is Shorewall
(http://www.shorewall.net/), which is not configured via Web GUI, but is
purely text configuration.  I've used Shorewall for several years and
like it a lot...  Tom Eastep did a pretty good job.
-Alan