[CentOS] GnuPG for CentOS 5.3?

Fri Oct 2 11:06:33 UTC 2009
Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se>

Behalf
>Of Dick Roth
>Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 12:44 PM
>To: CentOS List
>Subject: [CentOS] GnuPG for CentOS 5.3?
>
>Good Morning--
>
>I'm looking to shore up security in my system and with communications.
>Can you point me to the proper version of GnuPG for CentOS 5.3 (Final)?

root at mach003 ~/ [0]# yum list gnupg*
[...]
Installed Packages
gnupg.i386                                                     1.4.5-14
installed
Available Packages
gnupg2.i386                                                    2.0.9-1.el5
epel

The 1.4.5-14-version is the default installed AFAIK. If you want something
newer you'll have to look further, eg to the epel repo.

IMO the default install of gpg is good enough. Remember, you break it, you
get to keep the pieces.

Is this for use with Evolution or Thinderbird?
--
/Sorin